My Fav Books

  • A Bend in the River by VS Naipaul
  • All the Names - José Saramago
  • An untamed state by Roxanne Gay
  • Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
  • Cujo by Stephen King
  • Efuru by Flora Nwapa
  • It by Stephen King
  • Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
  • Lasher by Ann Rice
  • Midnight’s Children by Salman Rushdie
  • Ngugi wa Thiong'o, Petals of Blood
  • One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • So Long a letter by Mariama Ba
  • The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born by Ayi Kwei Arma
  • The Dark Tower (all 6) by Stephen King
  • The Joys of Motherhood by Buchi Emecheta
  • The Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice
  • The Wretched of the Earth by Frantz Fanon
  • Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
  • Tick Tock by Dean Koontz

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Poetry: Adunni


I am Adunni
The daughter of a lioness
I mirror her
who birthed me


I am Adunni
Descendant of a lion
I am a replica of the warrior
Who fathered me


I am the proud possessor of the gifts bestowed upon me by Eledumare
The giver of life


I am Adunni
Adumaadan


My radiant smile like a blossoming flower
My glowing skin like the seed of Ishin
Sites of admiration


I am the lissome Adunni
Idi'leke


I am Adunni, the pleasant oney mother's joy
The pride of a waking continent


Adunni I am, the Hope

_________________________________
©Mobola Esiri
November 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there, thanks for stopping by!